Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The visit...the show...and other musings...

Well we survived the visit of 2006. We had a great time with my mom and godmom...the TTs loved having them here to play with and read to them. It was hard on them when they realized that they went home and weren't coming back anytime soon. My mom said something about the holidays..we'll see how that goes.

My mommy is the beauty in the Milwaukee shirt...my godmother (who has been my mom's best friend for 36 years} is the looker wearing the Jackie O shades.



We went last night to see Dora's Pirate Adventure. I was a bad scrap-mom and didn't bring my camera...but TT1 had a great time. We brought a friend with us rather than TT2 and BD...so TT1's friend and his mom (who happens to be one of my best friends) came with us for the show. We even ran into a couple of people from TT1's preschool class...it was a fun night. I of course got suckered into buying overpriced Dora propaganda on the way out. A t-shirt for $15...puzzles for $5 each...at $25 I told TT1 that the bank was broke. He really wanted the $12 light up stick...but I had to put my foot down...I was amazed at how many parent's had paid that amount for a stick with a lightbulb on the end. I told TT1 that I would put some cellophane on the end of his flashlight that he already had...that seemed to make him happy again. It did take a while to make him understand that the show was not like on tv where you could just rewind and play it again...he told me he wanted to watch another one before we left. Poor little guy.

The show itself was okay. Not too mind-numbing. Maybe we should have had a few shots before the show. We think that if they put a martini counter next to the dippin dots booth...they'd make a ton of money at these things!! I can't really complain though...at least it wasnt' Barney.

Our next thing is tomorrow at TT1's preschool they are having a Mother's Day program. Luckily my friend Jenn is taking TT2 for me so that I don't have to bring him. I can't believe that school is out next week. Then we can plan for our vacation in June. BD's dad will come to stay with us for the month of July. Then school starts again in August. Wow...there's our whole summer right there. That looks kinda fast and pitiful....

We are doing a secret sister over in the Pub at 2Peas. I'm so excited. I love who I got...and I really look forward to getting to know her. I'm also really hyped to get to know the person who has me...or at least to let them know me better. I've been a member over there for over 3 years and I really haven't made that many connections as I would have thought. I have been blessed with a few people that I met over there....but for the most part I go pretty much unnoticed since I dont' post all the time and I'm not as well known in the industry as some others. But doing things like this SS really makes me feel more in touch with the other designers on the board.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so sweet about wanting to watch it again! :)

And I'm glad you had time to spend with your mom & godmom. I'm blessed to be within only a few hours of my mom & MIL both. I'd have a really hard time being far away.

xoxo,
Becca

Sunny said...

Great getting to know you better...I have never done the secret sister thing...have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

secret sister sounds fun!

Cami said...

Great pic, glad you all had a nice time.
had to chuckle at your lil guy wanting to rewind the Dora show :D