Monday, May 15, 2006

So I was perusing the board over at SBO...

and Nikki had posted some journaling prompts...so I thought I'd cover them here...

Write about your mother's greatest influence on you.
My mom's greatest influence would have to be her attitude. Growing up with her no nonsense way of talking and doing things has really influenced how I am today. I like to think that it is her influence that has made me a strong person.

Who was like a mother to you?
My grandmother was like my second mom. Since my mother was only 16 when I was born I spent the first years of my life living with my grandparents and aunts and uncles. My grandmother would keep me during the day so my mom could go to school. After we moved out on our own I still spent weekends there and vacations.

What kind of mother do you want to be?
I want to be the kind of mother that my children look back upon with love and fondness. I want my children to have wonderful memories of growing up. I want to be the supportive and easygoing but stern and respected mother.

List ten traits of a wonderful mother.

  1. Loving
  2. Respectful
  3. Honest
  4. Supportive
  5. Fun
  6. Fair
  7. Snuggleable
  8. Funny
  9. Spiritual
  10. Easygoing
Write about the best mother's day ever.
This is a hard one. I don't know what makes the "best" of a day. Every Mother's day is special just because I am a mom.

Sometimes we don't like our mothers very much. Write about such a time... then let it go.
I don't like that my mom doesn't spend enough time with my kids. That makes me dislike her a little. I still love her, but it's not fair to my kids.

What are you going to do for your mother this year?
Well my mom lives basically across the country from us, so I made her a simple card and called her on Mother's day. That's enough to let her know that I love her and that she's special to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was nice to read and I love the slide show at the top! I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day Shell!