Monday, May 29, 2006

Faith is the ability to believe unconditionally

Some have tried to discredit the validity of these photos. I am filled with faith that these photos are in fact God's work.




Pope Benedict XVI prays in front of the monument for the victims of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp in Oswiecim, Poland, Sunday, May 28, 2006. Pope Benedict XVI is in Poland on a four-day visit that took him to Warsaw, Krakow, Czestochowa, Wadowice, Pope John Paul II's birth town, and the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps. The visit is fraught with significance for Catholic-Jewish relations, a favorite theme for Benedict and predecessor John Paul II. (AP Photo/Andrew Medichini)






Rainbow raises over Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp as people watch Pope Benedict XVI praying in front of the monument the camp's victims in Oswiecim, Poland, Sunday, May 28, 2006. Pope Benedict XVI is in Poland on a four-day visit that took him to Warsaw, Krakow, Czestochowa, Wadowice, Pope John Paul II's birth town, and the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps. The visit is fraught with significance for Catholic-Jewish relations, a favorite theme for Benedict and predecessor John Paul II. (AP Photo/Petr David Josek)


Without faith in my heart, then my existence is meaningless. I have faith in the fact that I am here for a purpose. There is a reasoning behind everything that has happened in my life, and a plan. I only see the plan as it lays out behind me. Like reading a book from the back cover forward, it doesn't make much sense right now, but at the end, it will all be clear.


Psalms
Chapter 27
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom do I fear? The LORD is my life's refuge; of whom am I afraid?
When evildoers come at me to devour my flesh, These my enemies and foes themselves stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me, my heart does not fear; Though war be waged against me, even then do I trust.
One thing I ask of the LORD; this I seek: To dwell in the LORD'S house all the days of my life, To gaze on the LORD'S beauty, to visit his temple.
For God will hide me in his shelter in time of trouble, Will conceal me in the cover of his tent; and set me high upon a rock.
Even now my head is held high above my enemies on every side! I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and chant praise to the LORD.
I Hear my voice, LORD, when I call; have mercy on me and answer me.
"Come," says my heart, "seek God's face"; your face, LORD, do I seek!
Do not hide your face from me; do not repel your servant in anger. You are my help; do not cast me off; do not forsake me, God my savior!
Even if my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will take me in.
LORD, show me your way; lead me on a level path because of my enemies.
Do not abandon me to the will of my foes; malicious and lying witnesses have risen against me.
But I believe I shall enjoy the LORD'S goodness in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD, take courage; be stouthearted, wait for the LORD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful!