Wednesday, November 16, 2005

and the beat goes on.....

That's what I think of as I sit here listening to my TT#1 beating on his bedroom door becuase it's bedtime. He thinks it's time to throw a fit. Like that's going to get him anywhere. Not today. No way.

Husband comes home. Spring on garage door opener on his side of the garage snaps. He tells me I'm lucky that it didn't hit my car when it snapped. Au'contrare mon ami. Me thinks YOU are the lucky one. But I digress. A trip to the Depot to get a replacement spring. Put spring on door opener. Realize should have bought 2 springs so that the tension is the same. Trip to Depot to buy second spring. Put second spring on door. Raise door. Lower door. Realize as door is halfway down that it has torqued off level. Then realize that there is nothing that you can do but stand there and watch the windows in the door shatter. Cuss repeatedly. Call garage door replacement company to come out and give an estimate for two new doors and one new opener. My dreams of a new digital camera are slowly going down the drain as home expenses tally up in the back of my mind.

Bye bye rebel.

I loved you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that just bites. What a major bummer. The way you wrote it was quite funny, but I know that in real life, you had a very sucky day. I'm so sorry. It's never easy, is it? {{{HUGS}}}