Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Open letter to the sylist who did my hair last night....

Sweetie....

Don't ask your client what they want to do to their hair...and then tell them that you don't want to do that and suggest something completely different. If I wanted my hair colored instead of permed I would have told you I wanted it colored.

No one is interested in how many bad haircuts you have given this week...and I am especially not interested when you are holding a pair of scissors in one hand and my hair in the other.

That being said, you really need to get a ruler and learn how much hair 1-2 inches is. When someone wants at the most 2 inches cut off...and you cut off 3-4...chances are they aren't going to be happy.

People are not comforted by the fact that you have to read the instructions on the perm box "as a refresher".

It's not a good thing when your client knows how to fan out the perm papers and you ask them how they did it so easily.

You really shouldn't make disparaging comments about other races or ethnicities while you have a client in your chair. And you really shouldn't be making those comments *to* the client sitting in your chair.

You don't ask your client how many children they have...and then ask them if they are "mixed" or "all-white". It's none of your business if they are purple with green spots and pink stripes.

But thank you very much for the complimentary eyebrow wax. That was about the least you could do for me after having to deal with you for 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks..

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh holy hell, I would have hit her!

Bobbie said...

That is precisely why I hate having my hair cut!

Cami said...

ahhhh Shell, well without her...you wouldn't have had such entertaining fodder for your blog ! lol

I haven't had a haircut in a year...enough said :D

Shirley said...

I know what you mean. The last time I had my hair cut the stylist must have answered cell phone calls from her kids 7 times. She kept asking me....Are you sure you want your hair cut that short?