Tuesday, July 18, 2006

First Time For Everything

Well today for the first time since the kids..BD had to go on a business trip. Somehow we've been lucky enough to dodge that bullet for the past 4 years, but today was the first.

The first time I had to hear my TT#1 scream that he wanted his daddy back. That about broke my heart. He finally realized that daddy would be back, after explaining that it was just like mommy came back after her trip to the airport.

Tonight will be the first time that the boys go to bed without daddy giving hugs and kisses. He's going to call and say goodnight to them. I'm sure that he will miss the hugs and kisses just as much as the boys will.

This will be the first time that I am alone with the boys for a long period of time. BD's never spent the night away from the boys since they've been old enough to remember. There was a time in 2003 when me and TT#1 stayed in Philly for a month without BD when BD's grandma died and I had to help with the estate.

I am going to have to cook dinner....if you know me....then you know that I don't cook....at least not very well.

The next few days is going to be a challenge for us all.....

3 comments:

Cami said...

ahhhhh, you'll all be great and he'll be back before you know it. kids are so sweet :-)

Anonymous said...

I miss you all - BD

Mary Jo said...

It's an adjustment but you'll be fine. I remember the first time dh went out of town after we were married. Evan was three. It didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought :) (((Hugs)))
You should be getting a RAK from me soon anyway which I mailed on Monday.
So enjoy!!!