Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Don't you dare!!!

Don't you dare tell me that my fears about North Korea are irrational and uneducated.

There is nothing irrational about fearing that we might have WWIII break out before my children's first acne break out.

I cannot stand it when people feel the need to negate your feelings by telling you that you are being irrational. That sounds like such a cop out to make yourself feel better about NOT being afraid.

I have every right to be afraid of some lunatic on the other side of the ocean who would like nothing better than to put a feather in his cap after starting a battle between the US and North Korea. He sees it as a show of power...he can take the US head on.

So I don't see my fears as irrational....quite the opposite...I see your lack of concern as irrational.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I tend to agree with you Shell. I think its frightening. I keep my views to myself usually cause people laugh or say.. why worry.. nothing you can do..but it doesn't stop one from thinking about the possibilities.

Shirley said...

I also agree with you and Michelle. One of the reasons I left my job at the Truck Stop was because of all the Foreign Truck drivers that would come into the Deli and throw down bags and paper sacks and then walk away. To me each and everyone of them that did that was a potential terrorist! Yes, we have a right to be frightened.

Robyn said...

I'm afraid also!