Wednesday, October 26, 2005

To everything there is a season

and the season here is COLD!!

The temperature here has dropped considerably... it actually feels like fall is upon us....just in time for winter. Kids running about with scarves and hats...soon they'll have gloves on and heavy ski jackets. The temp will dive into the mid to low 50s and all hell will break loose...people will be swearing that snow is right around the corner...of course the temp would have to nosedive below 30 for that...and that only happens for about 6 hours somewhere in the middle of January.

I love Alabama!!

On a more somber note...

JJ has had a drain surgically placed to drain the excess spinal fluid from his brain since the tumor is blocking the fluid's normal circulation path. He is feeling a little better since the surgery yesterday and will hopefully be home tomorrow.

He will make the trip everyday for the next 6 weeks all the way to Birmingham to have his radiation treatments. He'll be sedated for his first treatment next week, but if he can stay still for the next ones he won't have to be put under again.

A bunch of us at church are going to do a fund raiser for JJ and the family to help with medical bills. We are using the phrase "I believe in Miracles for JJ" since that is the wording that the doctors used...we need a miracle. We'll have a silent auction and dinner as well as setting up an account at the Redstone Credit Union so we can accept community donations. Friday night we are going to get together at Erin's house and make silver ribbons to sell at the Crusader Fest at the church on Saturday. It's amazing how so many groups at church are coming together to try and help the family.

I have gotten emails that JJ's prayer cards are coming from many people. I am so thankful to all involved in doing this for the family. If you would like to take part in this project please email me. I would be more than happy to get you any information that you need to assist in this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read your last few blog posts and I'm just heartbroken for little JJ. I'll be praying for him tonight.

Anonymous said...

I like Blogs, Shell! I really like them. I had no idea. Maybe we can set one up for JJ!!
Anyway, here is that website I told you about
http://www.leahsjourney.com/
Have kleenex ready. You can start with the mom's posts from the beginning of the disease and follow through past her death. I posted a message there and she has been a really good source of info for all of this stuff. Her friends have been great too. Anyway see you Friday.