Saturday, October 22, 2005

My heart is in shreds

I just found out that a friend of mine's son has an inoperable brain tumor. It is located on his brain stem and the doctors have told the family to start praying for a miracle. I don't know how much harder I can pray. My head literally hurts from crying so hard. I feel so helpless...


but I can pray. That is the only way I can truly help. I will pray the healing novena everyday. I will say the rosary until my fingers bleed if I have to. JJ cannot die.

He's only 5 for pete's sake. He hasn't lived. He needs a chance. First dance. First date. First prom. Graduation. These things are so far off...and yet so close.

It makes me wonder what criteria God has for taking souls. What reasoning could He have for taking a child so young...so sinless....so loved. Isn't there some murderer or drug dealer or child molester that can take JJ's place? It just seems so....unjust.

I'm going to put out a call for a project for the family. I want to make a 2up album of 4x6 "pages" that have inspirational phrases/quotes/favorite bible verses on it. Plain or embellished. Simple or elaborate. But something that will allow this family to know that they have a large prayer circle who are all working for JJ. If you are interested in participating please email me and I'll give you specifics.

But most of all.....just pray.....

4 comments:

Gwyn Calvetti said...

Shell, He will have my prayers added to yours. I won't accept that this kind of thing is God's work. I don't know what it is, but it's not that.

I will pray for miracles for JJ. They do happen.

The Crafty-Girl™ said...

I just wanted to thank you for your kind comment about my layout (my scrap site creativecollage.blogspot.com). I will look for you on 2Ps...what is your name there? I'm kreativekell... and Congrats on the upcoming publication of your card!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How terribly devestating for this family. I'm so sorry to hear this, it truly breaks my heart. I could feel your desperation and pain as I read your entry. I will keep this little boy in my thoughts and prayers. Bless his great big heart.

Unknown said...

Shell i'm so sorry to hear about what is happening to JJ.. its so unfair.. just a little boy. I'll keep watch for updates from you on him.