Wednesday, August 10, 2005

That's it...I'm changing my name

and when you guess what it is I'll answer you....now get in your room and stop screaming!!

This is what transpired at my house this morning .... Nothing like being reduced to tears by a pre-schooler .... I want to know where my copy of the parenting handbook went to so I would know exactly what to do in these situations.

Have you ever just had one of those days .... and another ..... and another .... and suddenly you realized that all of your days are those days?? Welcome to my world.

I have so many questions as a parent that no one can definitively answer for me - people generally just look at me with that "Bless your heart" look when I ask them ... so I'll pose them here...

Am I a bad mother for wanting school to be year round - and 12 hours a day?

Is it wrong to use duct or postal tape to secure your child's diaper when they insist that today is "naked Wednesday"?

Why isn't chocolate cake a healthy breakfast? It contains more of the food groups than cheerios doesn't it?

I'll stop with the questions...I'll have to keep looking for that lost handbook....it's got to be around here somewhere......under all these toys......

1 comment:

amy gretchen said...

just had to comment and tell you i am there with you all the way.

life is crazy with kids and i can't wait until after labor day when school starts. Unfortunately it is kindergarden so only half day.

chocolate is a breakfest i enjoy...if i even get breakfest. it seems more often than not i miss it.

keep on keeping on and remember one of these days you'll miss this time....still trying to convince myself of that.

amy