Thursday, August 04, 2005

My version of the outdoors

Well...we are leaving today to go on a family camping trip. Now before you get ideas of my children running naked through the woods chasing deer....let me tell you our version of camping. I have a 30 foot long hotel room on wheels. I have a bathroom with a porceline toilet and shower...running hot and cold water...a refridgerator...and air conditioning. My children have a television and DVD player. I consider myself a "convenience camper". Enjoy nature...but not enough to shit in the woods.

We belong to a camping club. We are only one of 3 couples that aren't retired. Not that it's a bad thing cause the kids get spoiled for one weekend a month by about 20 grandparents that we don't have to feed on holidays. The boys love it cause one couple has a set of 7 year old triplets who just love to play with my boys. Junior lovingly calls them "his girls" rather than by name...probably for the same reason I just call them "the girls"...I can't tell them apart.

So in a few hours we will depart to head down the highway to the Point. Nice campground...good sites...low cost...should be a great weekend. As long as my boys don't start chasing the deer........

No comments: