Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You're welcome Northern Alabama!!

We knew it would happen. We contracted to have a new deck built since the old one was small and in disrepair. Northern Alabama has been in its worst drought since 1921. As soon as the lumber hit our driveway it started raining and it has rained every day since!!! We are officially the end of the drought I guess.....it never fails to happen. It's like our own personal version of Murphy's law.

So now my beautiful new deck is sitting in it's raw form on my second driveway....I had wanted it to be done within the next 2 weeks...but now I have no idea when we will get to enjoy it....*sob sob*.

YAY rain....get us out of this drought.....boo hiss rain during the day....I want my new deck!!!! My luck it clears up every night and only rains during the day....maybe I can offer the contractor extra and he'll build in the dark???

No comments: