Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Are you ever alone?

not that it's a bad thing.....everyone needs time alone....but I have such a hard time sleeping when BD is away. I end up sitting on the couch watching television until I start to nod off...then I have to drag my half asleep ass into the bedroom. I can't just go and lay down in our room cause then I won't fall asleep...crazy. I end up so tired that I have trouble getting up early in the morning...usually I can get up before the kids...not when he's gone though. I usually get up when I hear them acting up in their room.....like today.

It's not going to be a good day when you wake up to the sweet sounds of "get offa me" and "mommy's gonna be cross with you" ... cause chances are that if one of them is doing something that the other can actually tell is going to make me mad....it is something that will definitely make me mad. Such was this morning...on the monitor I hear those sweet words...and as I trek down the hall I hear the *boom* of a 2 year old jumping off the top of his dresser.

Now if you don't know my kids...they are big...not fat...just substantial for their ages. They are both very tall and at the top of the growth charts. Most people who don't know them think that they are much older than they actually are due to their sizes. So the sound of my 2 year old jumping off the dresser sounded more like dropping a lead weight off the roof onto the driveway.


Since it's Tuesday they knew that they had school so after putting thier room back in order (they rearrange the furniture daily) they ran out to get dressed. Since BD is gone I had to get their outfits together for school (oh the humanity!) and get lunches together. I didn't realize how much BD did around here until he wasn't here to do it...(thanks BD). Of course the whole getting ready for school thing is pre-empted by the gotta go potty and feed me I'm starving (cause you know I never feed my children...they grew simply from an excess of sunlight and water).

Somehow we managed to get out of the house without any casualities and with everyone wearing clothes that match. They have learned how to get their own lunchbox out of the fridge and put it in their backpacks, so they have food for the day.....now I can sit back...drink my coffee....and get my street festival work done.

At least I can be thankful for the few hours that I have to myself to get things done....I might even unload the dishwasher the day is going so well!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't sleep well either when I am away from home. I miss all of you

BD