Monday, August 28, 2006

What a great weekend....

tiring...but great nonetheless.

My daughter and her adoptive dad came down for the weekend. It was the first time in 3 years that we have seen them. She is so big...I can't beleive that she's 12 already. It seems like just a little while ago that I was pregnant with her.

It's amazing to see the similarities between her and the TTs....they not only look alike but they act alike.

They all have the same eyes...and the same nose. My best friend told me I must be able to only make one kind of baby...cause they are all the same.

We went downtown and fed the ducks for a while...went swimming...checked out the botanical gardens...it was fun. Just spending time together and letting the kids get to know each other. Now the boys are looking for her and she's gone...how to you explain adoption to a preschooler? It's going to be a long week.....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow they do look a lot alike. Thats great you got to visit. :)

Suzanna said...

You make beautiful babies! :)

Unknown said...

She's beautiful, Shell! And the little guys are adorable. :P So glad you had a good time!

Omaloriann said...

Oh my, Shell, she is a mini Shell! You can definitely tell they are related! You should be one proud mom! So glad things went well & you had a great time!

Dawn said...

Great that you could visit. That picture is so cute!