Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Exactly one week from today.....at this time....

I will be free.

At 9am next tuesday the TTs start school. Thank the Lord. If I had to wait any longer than that I might not make it!! They are really trying my patience this week....and I don't understand why. Probably just becuase they know they can. That's how they roll.

I already have a lunch date set...me and my best friend Jenn are finally going to have a girls lunch that is just the girls. See, we are both moms to only boys...and our animals are all fixed...so we are both DRASTICALLY outnumbered at our houses. This will be the first time in almost 4 years of being friends that we will be able to go out and have ZERO ankle nippers with us. It will be a peaceful, no-sharing, able to eat the full meal without a run to the potty or outside for timeout, blissfully quiet lunch. I can't wait.

On another topic...anyone watch Hell's Kitchen?? I LOVE that show. Gordon Ramsey is great. He seems like the type of guy that you can go to the bar and kick a couple back with and really have a great time. In the kitchen though he is a total tiger. He doesn't put up with drama or stupidity...which really caused problems with some of the contestants...since they acted pretty stupid sometimes.

All time classic line from the show (makes me bust out gaffawing everytime I hear it) - Sarah is cooking scallops in a frying pan to sear them...they are sticking...she is having trouble with them and chef says to her:

"If you cook it in a non-stick pan they won't stick - that's why it called fucking NON-STICK!!"

I'm even giggling right now after typing that...so funny. I have to admit I never liked Sarah. She seemed like such a backstabber and selfish cow. I can't believe the shit she got away with that chef never called her on...so it was nice to see her go. She became my own personal Jerri". BD HATED Jerri from Survivor Australia. Every week he would say he wanted her to go home. Even after she did go home he wanted her to go home again..that's how much he didn't like her (though he liked her on all stars...said she wasn't so much of a bitch on that one...whatevah)...so Sarah became my Jerri. I was doing the snoopy dance when chef asked for her jacket.

But big ups to Heather who won. I have been rooting for her since the start. She really kept her cool in the kitchen, and saved her falling apart for the confessional afterwards. That just proves that she was ready for her own kitchen. She took command last night...and her good leadership had her team bringing her to victory.

Congrats Heather!!!

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

EVERYTIME I read your blog, I end up cracking up at something! Thanks for giving me a laugh! Love your blog!

K G said...

Great post! I am laughing so hard right now!