Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Well it's recovery week

at my house. Last week I had to leave town unexpectedly to attend to my mom whose partner of 14 years died. She is doing alright, but I am sure that the other shoe will drop soon. She is living by herself for the first time ever in her life. She went from family, to having me, to a husband, to Micheal. Now she only has herself...and her dog whom she says will be living with me come April.

The boys and bigdaddy survived a week without me...though some days I thought they would survive by the skin of their teeth. BD did great with them and now I am trying to pull back the reigns and regain control...control that I didn't have to begin with...but feel the need to have now.

My 7Peas in the Pub CJ group is back on track!! WAHOOOOOOO!!! We got the missing CJ to the next person and deleted the person who fouled everything up...so now we should be smooth sailing. The books that I have gotten so far are amazingly beautiful and I feel so untalented working in them...I hope that the owners are happy with the result.

Winter here is dragging on at a slow pace. The gloomy days and frigid temps are really making me wish for summer sun. I'm crabby and iritable...and I know it has to do with the weather....and my lack of outdoor activity. The poor kids get any paler and they will be translucent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope your mom is doing better. I can't imagine what a difficult time this is for her.