Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Kickboxing RAWKS!!!

I just had my first class tonight and it was GREAT!! I got to get all sweaty and beat the crap out of a bag....loved it. Check out Ultimate Body Shaping for more info on the program we followed.

We had a great time starting as soon as we got there trying to get everyone strapped and gloved up. Then we started learning a few moves like the cross, jab, bodyshot, and kicks. The kicks were by far the hardest thing to do. Fat gals like me just don't have the hip placement for that kind of kicking. I was so proud of myself during the workout too...I only had to stop 3 times and catch my breath..and let me tell you...when you are over 100 pounds overweight you get winded just breathing...so only 3 stops was pretty good for me...

My doctor told me last week that I need to lose 125 pounds roughly to be back in my target weight zone. This should take about 18 months to do with proper diet and exercise. I really need to start taking my health seriously. What would my kids do without me? What would BD do? It's a horrible thought...but if I don't get a handle on my weight then my weight will be the reason I die. I want to die of something boring and contrite - like old age!

So I will see how the whole sensible eating thing goes...it's a hard sell going from only eating dinner and snacking afterwards to actually eating during the day...but I'll try. It was a hard pill to swallow when the doc told me that I am malnourished...what the hell....malnourished and 125 pounds overweight...suuuuurrrreeee..and you got your MD from craker jacks right?? but that is the reason that my skin sucks..my nails are brittle...and my hair is falling out. The fat chick's not eating enough....

So I will try to retrain myself to eat...eat properly...and frequently. I'll see how the 2 weeks at the kickboxing club work out for me...I don't know if I'm up for the cost of the full 10 week program..but 2 weeks is a start to get me going....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to try a sport like this and good luck with the eating sensibly.

Lorrie said...

Good luck! I understand your plight. I need to lose about 80 lbs, and I'm sitting here watching Dr Phil talk to a woman battling anorexia. I wish I could understand her illness! Enjoy beating the crap outta that bag!! lol.

Hillary said...

Good job! I am needing to lose a lot of weight as well. i don;t think i would have made it through a class like that. :)

Unknown said...

good luck Shell and very cool on the kickboxing!