Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back to the land....

of the living ... well maybe not.

I haven't posted anything in a while because .... well .... things around here have just seemed so secondary to everything else that is going on in this country. I mean really.... who the hell cares if my pre-schooler pissed in the toilet or on a tree for that matter? Does anyone care that I haven't been reading my book for my MOMS group meetings?? I know these things are just earth shattering right??

Nope ... not in the least ... not even to me ... but they should be.

I just can't seem to tear myself away from Fox News and MSNBC long enough for anything else to matter. I can't get the pictures out of my head of these women who can't find their babies ... men who can't find their wives ... and these activists - militants as far as I'm concerned who can't just think about saving these people and helping rebuild - they'd rather politicize it all.

It's the fault of the Republicans.

It's the fault of the Democrats.

It's the Blacks.

It's the Whites.

It's the Poor.

It's the Rich.

My God people ... it was mother nature. There was no master plan of destruction here. This was a horrible thing that happened. We need to look past the blame and get to fixing the problem.

There were entire towns wiped out in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. There are millions of people displaced. There are hundreds if not thousands dead. THOUSANDS.

I don't care that your car was a total loss ... at least you woke up this morning. Think about all of those that didn't. What was that ... you had to pay over $3 for a gallon of gas ... well you and the one whining about losing a car should get together and maybe arrange a car pool.

My goodness people get off your freaking high horse and do something other than flap your damn jaw about how heartbreaking this all is. Why don't you expend some of that energy mending a heart instead. Show some humanity. After all ... we are all only human ... and the only race is the human race.

And after what I've witnessed this past week ... I think there are some people who are losing that race ... by a longshot.

1 comment:

Eff Off said...

I agree with everything you said.
While people are busy turing this natural disaster into a political platform or an opportunity for a little face time on national tv - there are people still searching for their loved ones, or trying to figure out how they can attempt to rebuild their lives. I've made a monitary contribution but I don't feel like I've done enough...