Friday, December 09, 2005

Christmas comes early....

Or at least it did for me! Last night hubby was listening to me ramble on and on about having to go and get more film for the camera since TT#1 has a Christmas pageant on Thursday next week. Since I'm out of film - that is a problem. So as I sit on the floor after dinner and play with my boys while the hubby cleans up in the kitchen, TT#1 comes in with a box. I look at the box then look at my hubby and ask him "why am I getting this early?" he in turn tells me to just open the box. I open it and immediately start squealing. This is what is in the box ~~~~~~~~










are ya ready?



















it's really good~~~


















TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me say that one more time


OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I am on a camera high. I just have to figure out how to use this thing now. Last night we were playing with the burst setting and the different aperatures. I really need to sit down and read so I can learn everything that the camera can do. I am just so excited.

It came with a kit lens (18-55) but I still have my film SLR lens (18-80) . Hubby also got me a 1GB card which should hold a lot of pics. I still have my camera bag from my film SLR so it fits in there perfectly. It came with some software but I haven't made it that far to install it. It has some photo editing software and printing software which should come in really handy.

I honestly started crying last night after the TTs went to bed. I just couldn't believe it. I own this camera. It's out of character for hubby to buy something so expensive that isn't a "household" item and the camera is a frivolous item. It really means a lot to me that he wanted me to have it. I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with all the whining I do about the cameras that I have.

No matter what the reason he did it - I love my hubby. I love my new camera and I hope that it helps me become a better photographer.

Well I've rambled enough now...off to shoot some pics!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee for you! You will love it I am sure. Have fun with it and you will get to take photos on Christmas morning!

Anonymous said...

How fun for you! You got some guy there girl! Hang on to him! :-) I think he might be a "keeper"

Anonymous said...

Ok, so here is me doing the happy dance for you...

SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING YAH YAH!!

LOL, you are gonna love it!!

Just Me said...

woo hoo!!! happy for you...now i want mine...ejoy it for the holidays!!

Unknown said...

congrats on the new camera!!! how nice of hubby and what a great gift for a scrapper :)