Monday, November 20, 2006

If I don't like the photos...I'm not buying the photos!!

It seems like an easy answer....obviously not.

We went to get the yearly family portrait for christmas cards. We got the boys dressed....ourselves dressed....headed over the mountain to the studio....the boys BEHAVED for the entire shoot (priceless in my book since it never happens). You would think that the day is golden and nothing could go wrong, it has just been that smooth....until it's time to get the photos back.

The pictures are overexposed. They are out of focus. Bottom line....I don't like them. The girl at the studio tries to tell me that the photos are fine and I will like them much better once I get them home and in a frame....well let me tell you a little secret.......

ugly photo = ugly photo

ugly photo in nice frame = ugly photo

notice how there's no difference there?? People don't look at your pictures and say "well that frame sure is nice"......how absurd.

So to the girl's suprise I demanded a refund and gave her back the hideous pictures. I rescheduled for later this week...yay. Hopefully the boys will behave again..but twice in one week may be more than I can hope to expect. We are certainly using a different photographer so hopefully that will rectify the situation.

I hate being bitchy...but photos cost so much to have done that if you aren't happy then you aren't happy. Well today I was not happy....and that might make me a total bitch...but I want my money's worth....and I plan on getting it!!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Good for you for telling them you didn't want them! So many people are not good consumers and don't stand up for themselves! I hope the kids are in a good mood for you and that the second set turn out much better!