Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's over It's over....and other musings...

Well the festival went off without any huge hitches. It was a great day weather wise and we had a good time. The parade was small, but the band of course got a great response. Hopefully next year we won't fall at the beginning of fall break and the crowds will be bigger. We're having our wrap up meeting to discuss what worked and what didn't so we can plan better for next year. You would think as this was the 26th year that this would be down to a science by now.

After the festival was over on saturday, I headed out to the camping rally that BD and the TTs were attending without me. They went up on thursday, so by saturday some of the other rally attendees were asking BD if "things were okay with us"...I find that slightly amusing. I calmed everyone's fears when I showed up that things are going well. We spent the rest of the weekend playing games and going for walks with the kids. We left on monday morning.

We were very sad to find out that one of the couples in our club is selling their unit and will not be camping anymore. They might make day trips to join the group for meals when we are out, but they won't be camping anymore. We know that Willard is having trouble seeing these days, and Viola can't haul the trailer, but they will be very very missed.

On Tuesday we were getting ready to leave and put the TTs in the van. I opened the garage door and got in....BD climbed in and we started to back up...I heard the most crushing sound that I have ever heard in my entire life. It was the noticeable sound of metal on metal, and it had the distinct twang of nails on a chalkboard. It was the sound of my van driving into my garage door. I'm almost in tears even thinking about it. The door came down just enough when it opened to catch the top part of my hatch door and leave a nice ding and a couple of clear coat scratches. We got the door (I say we...I mean BD) bent back into shape so that it would open and close without any problems. The people who installed the doors came out and said they could replace the panel for $150. The body shop said they can fix the dent for $350. I'm not fixing anything right now. But at least I know how much it will be if I decide to do it.

The boys are on fall break...we are planning on a day trip at the end of the week to the aquarium. We'll see how the rest of our week goes before we commit to anything.

No comments: