Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I need a vacation....

to recover from my vacation.

After puke fest 2006 was over and we arrived in Williamsburg, I thought that the week could only get better.

I thought wrong.

We purchased 3 day admission to Busch Gardens before we left on vacation. Those 3 days could be used at any time as long as they were consecutive days...unfortunately the reservations for the wheelchair and stroller that I made were for monday and wednesday and they couldn't be changed without losing my payment. So on rainy monday we headed out to the park.

On the way my MIL pukes in my car. I about died. If anyone else would like to come over and puke in my car please let me know...I can make arrangements.

The boys had a great time. Other than the guy who measured them for ride bracelets everyone was great. The service at BG is always top notch. The guy was measuring TT1 and told him he was a purple bracelet. So I have him doing the happy dance that he can ride the roller coasters. Then they guy turns around and says that TT was standing on his tip toes and isn't big enough for anything other than the kiddie section and the log flume. Well let me tell you that didn't go over well with TT. But I took him on the log flume and he had a great time. He even got to go on it twice in a row since there were no lines.

We had lunch at "our place". Octoberfest. We always split one meal between the two of us and still get full. Of course the kids wanted something else other than corned beef on rye and potato salad. They got hotdogs in this really cute dinosaur egg that we brought home. What really got their attention though was the show. We never get bored with the show there. We could go and see it every day...more than once a day...and still love it every single time. Who knows maybe someday we'll make it to Germany for real...but for now I have Octoberfest!!

The day was long and wet...but not too bad. That night I ended up getting sick and sat out the Tuesday excursion to BG. Of course that was a really great weather day...and BD didn't take my camera...but they told me that they had fun.

Wednesday was the monsoon. It was cold...wet...miserable...we got rainy day passes to come back again. We stayed in the park and did a couple of the shows (Octoberfest of course!) and then we left around 3. There was flooding in VA Beach and they closed the tunnel so the park closed at 5 anyway. We took the kids to Friendly's for dinner. It had been years since we'd eaten there...the food is the same....the ice cream's the same...I don't know why we made such a fuss about not having one nearby. It was okay...but no different than any other place that has ice cream.

Thursday and Friday were shopping days for me. I love me a good sale...and we found a great one. I don't know what it is about sales shopping...but I get such a rush about finding a good deal. Well we went to the Children's Place and they were having a sale that included racks of clothes for $1.99!!!! We were able to get winter school wardrobes for both the TTs for less than $100!! I was psyched. We also hit the Corningware outlet there and were able to find a few good deals there as well. Gotta love outlets.

On saturday we packed up the van and headed south once again. We will miss the inlaws...but we were all happy to be going home. Back to our own surroundings....comforts of home can't be replaced.

Back in the swing of things this week. TT1 has VBS...I have the dentist...company and church picnics both on saturday...

Busy Busy Busy..............................

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! Sounds like quite a trip! :)

Unknown said...

Well that was quite a trip..and wow on the sales shopping..excellent deal!