Sunday, January 29, 2006

how much rejection can one person take.............

before just hanging it up and selling everything???

I have submitted for mags....and tried out for DTs....I have participated in "contests"...all to no avail....nothing...

I'm beginning to wonder why I do it...why do I put myself in the position to feel badly about my creations? why do I allow that to affect me so emotionally? why am I really creating...for them or for me?

How many times can you have something so personal...and such a part of you....be rejected....and not fall apart? it's like having your heart torn each time.

Then I begin to second guess my work....is it my design that is flawed? is it visually unappealing and I only think it's good becuase...well...it's mine?

What makes me...a normally self assured and high esteemed person....think that I need others approval and validation?...

I have no idea.....

but with all my self assurance....and high self esteem....it still stings everytime I miss out on an oppurtunity that I thought was surely mine.....

4 comments:

Scrappinfor3 said...

Shell, try to not be so down on yourself girl! I have never submitted at all as I'm too lazy & I never remember what I've used on my layouts. You ROCK for taking the time to submit. AND, you have been published! I fear rejection - that's probably why I don't even attempt it yet. I need some experience first:) Jen B

Amy W. said...

Shell, it's just a matter of being at the right place, at the right time. i don't get chosen either. i don't second guess my work. i just know this is like playing the lottery. don't give up, don't let yourself get down, and be positive...for it's your memories your producing. ;> {hugs}

Anonymous said...

Shell, I agree with Amy W. that it's just about being in the right place at the right time. I also, have never been chosen for publication. There is always an email sent saying that there were just too many entries and a polite "thank you for entering" to close the email. I was upset at first, but got to thinking that the memories that I preserve are for my children and my family. My kids LOVE their pages, my sister-in-law loves the ones I've done for my niece and my friends and family are really all that matters to me. I will keep trying to fulfill the goal of one day being published, but until then, I'm just trying to enjoy putting my memories on pages and letting my kids be the judge! I know I can always get a "Good job, mom!" LOL! Hang in there...feel good about YOU, and know that there are people out there that care! Kerri Brooks

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you feel bad. You do wonderful work. There are soooo many people out there..it doesn't mean yours isn't as good as theirs..it just means yours didn't get seen first or something silly like that. I really think its NOT about your talent. We all know you have talent!