Monday, September 04, 2006

Tutorial on Unmounted SU! stamps

I have had so many people ask me how I mount my Stampin Up! stamps since I don't use the wood mounts that come with them.

The stamps come with the foam cushion already attached to the rubber. When I get my stamps I apply the image sticker to the foam cushion and then trim my stamp.


After I have trimmed the stamp I then coat the foam side with Aleene's Tack It Over and Over adhesive. This allows the stamp to be placed on an acrylic mount time after time without losing the tack on the stamp.

I also use CD jewel cases for storage for my stamp sets. I am able to see the stamp images through the cases and I also use the box labels on the cases so I can easily flip through my cases when they are stored to find the sets that I am looking for.


This makes storage so much simpler when you don't have a ton of space for all those stamp sets you just couldn't pass by. I love SU! stamps...I just don't have the space to accomodate all the wood that comes along with them.

Hope this helps explain the way I mount my stamps. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email!!

14 comments:

SuzyQ01 said...

what a great idea - using the image sticker on the foam. thanks for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that! I've heard of stampers using there SU stamps unmounted, but this is the first I've seen putting the image sticker on the foam side. Clever! So, please tell me, what do you do with the wood blocks?

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of buying a couple of unmounted stamps. I was told they come with the rubber on them.
Are you saying I don't need the cling vinyl? I just put the ATIOAO on it?
can you private e-mail me at
geegfoster@columbus.rr.com
thanks,
Geeg44

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this method! Very clever use of the image label.

I've used window cling on some of my SU sets, but I never thought about using the label sticker this way. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

so can you put the ATIOAO on top of the image sticker then? is that what you are doing? and i also want to know what you are doing with the wood it came with! lol

julie

Sharron Lynne said...

Shell

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information and for the pictures too(I am such a visual learner!). I am going to start storing all my SU stamps this way and my clear stamps too. Some of the other methods seem very complicated. I am curious though as to what you do with the wood blocks.

Roni said...

GREAT idea! I will be a new convert for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Great idea. I have a ton of FU stamps and no more storage for them. What would be the easiest way to remove my stamps from their current wood blocks. When I have tried to do this I tear the foam mounting.
Thanks for any tips.

Diane Beckman

Anonymous said...

I am an UM stamper (mostly TAC & those come with EZMount), so don't have many SU! sets. Hmmm, the image sticker on the back makes a LOT of sense, and knowing that the ATIOAO will work on top of that is great. I might have to get some SU! sets now - LOL!

K Hutchinson said...

WOW that is so cool! I never thought of doing that way! Thanks for the tip!

~K

Unknown said...

I just found your post where you listed this tutorial on SCS. What a wonderful method I intend to start this immeadiately on all new sets. Did you start this from the beginning or did you have to convert some wood mounted stamp sets, can you tell me how you handled that? Thank you!!! And thank you for sharing this idea!
Diane
www.stampinpuppies.com
StampinByDiane@aol.com

StinkerbellSteph said...

Thanks for such a clear tutorial! So smart!

MarieK said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I have been using the Aleen's for a while and thought this was it. BUT you've just opened my eyes to something totally fantastic that would never have occurred to me!

Tell me - how do you catalog what you have now that you are unmounting?

Jan Hoyt said...

well, aren't you the clever one? I never would have thought to put the sticker indext right over the sticky cushion. What a great idea! Right now, I am sticking with wood mounted however in the past I have used unmounted options and the thing that drove me crazy was not being able to figure out which stamp was which. This definitely solves that problem!

Thanks for sharing this info. Jan
www.inkerzaway.blogspot.com