Sunday, August 06, 2006

Everything new is ....... Newer??

We went to Hobby Lobby yesterday. They had a bunch of the furniture stuff on sale for next to nothing, so we bought two peices. One was in good shape...and the other....well let's just say they gave it to us at a *drastic* discount due to the damage.


You can see the top is totally busted on the one side and there is a drawer missing. The wood is in good shape, but the damage that is there makes it *virtually* unsellable - unless you are me!!


I did a little modifying to the top by taking the other side off so that it was flat. I removed all the hardware, painted, papered, re-installed the hardware - and this is what it looks like now


I used black acrylic paint, 3 Bugs Groovy Paper, and the new Stampin Up! Designer Label Punch.

8 comments:

Kimber McGray said...

WOW Shell!
Great job on that 'trash'.

Jen said...

Very cute, Shell!

Tanya said...

I'm so impressed! Great 'salvage' job, Shell!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Maybe I need to check out HL!

Anonymous said...

What a great job you did! Love it!!

Omaloriann said...

Good job Shell - I like!

Trina said...

WOW!! Super cute idea!

CathyVal said...

WOW!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!! You did a great job!